In the news, there is a lot of talk about ChatGPT and other generative AI platforms.
We created this page to regroup articles, possible solutions and researches on artificial intelligence, plagiarism and academic integrity.
Simply click on the category of interest to you to find the associated articles and resources.
Resources in English
Resources in French CLICK HERE
1. Basic Explanations of ChatGPT
- Lanz, J. A. (2023, July 04). ChatGPT’s Performance Is Slippping, New Study Says. Decrypt, News, Artificial Intelligence.
- AI Insights & Innovations. (2023, April 17). Next Generation of ChatGPT 5,6,7…| Changing AI Landscape + The World | Open AI | ChatGPT 5 | AI. [Video]. YouTube.
- University of Central Oklahoma. (2023). ChatGPT and AI Technology. Technology Resource Center of University of Central Oklahoma.
- Dumin, L. (2023, June 23). How Large Language Models Work. [Video]. YouTube. The Scotsman, Lifestyle.
- Hotson, B. (2023, April 09). Academic Writing and ChatGPT: Step Back to Step Forward. Canadian Writing Centres Association – Association Canadienne des centres de rédaction. Vol. 4, No. 2 (Spring 2023).
- Mackay, T. (2023, March 02). What is ChatGPT? Why has it been blocked? ‘Greatest cheating tool ever invented’ Prof warns.
- Jorgensen, Thomas, E. (2023, February 24). ChatGPT – A new relationship between humans and machines. Penn GSE, University World News.
- Woodle, A. (2023, January 17). Hallucinations, Plagiarism, and ChatGPT. Datanami.
- Miller, M. (2022, December 17). ChatGPT, Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence in Education. Ditch That Textbook.
- Anders, B. A. (2022, December 10). ChatGPT and its Use in Essay Writing Instruction. Sovorel.
- Roose, K. (2022, December 07). The Brilliance And Weirdness of ChatGPT. Etkathimerini.com. Originally from The New York Times : International Weekly.
- Hurst, L. (2022, November 08). AI writing is here, and it’s worryingly good. Can writers and academia adapt?. EuroNews.
Hallucinations / Fabulations
- Weiser, B. & Schweber, N. (2023, June 08). The ChatGPT Lawyer Explains Himself. The New York Times.
- Hsu, T and Myers, S.L. (2023, May 20). Another side of the AI boom: Detecting what AI makes. The New York Times, International Weekly.
- Klein, N. (2023, May 08). AI machines aren’t ‘hallucinating’. But their makers are. The Guardiant, Opinion.
- Marr, B. (2023, March 22). ChatGPT: What Are Hallucinations and Why Are They a Problem for AI Systems. Bernard Marr & Co.
Flaws, limits, dangers or negative aspect of AI
- Harford, T. (2023, March 09). Why Chatbots are bound to spout bullshit. Tim Harford’s website.
- Kuo, R. (2023, March 08). Noam Chomsky: The False Promise of ChatGPT. The New York Times, Opinion, Guest Essay.
- Metz, C. (2023, May 01). ‘The Godfather of A.I.’ Leaves Google and Warns of Danger Ahead. The New York Times.
- Samuel, S. (2023, April 10). What happens when ChatGPT starts to feed on its own writing? Vox.
- Thompson Sousa, L. (2023, March 17). To Mitigate ChatGPT Plagiarism Look No Further than its References. Faculty Focus, Higher ED teaching strategies form Magna Publications.
- Davies, N. (2023, March 15). What Are The Downsides of AI Advancement? KDNuggets.
- Woodie, A. (2023, March 15). Hallucinations, plagiarism, and ChatGPT. AINews.
- Eliot, L. (2023, February 26). Legal Doomsday for Generative AI ChatGPT If Caught Plagiarizing or Infringing, Warns AI Ethics and AI Law. Forbes.
- Harwell, D. (2023, February 25). Tech’s hottest new job: AI whisperer. No coding required. The Washington Post,Tech.
- Vincent, J. (2023, February 09). 7 problems facing Bing, Bard, and the future of AI search. The Verge.com.
- Bhardwaj, N. (2023, February 03). Written by human or AI? ChatGPT can let you know now. India Today.
- BBC News. (2023, February 02). Artificial intelligence chatbot ChatGPT sparks plagiarism concerns after passing exams. [Video]. BBC News YouTube Channel.
- Rane, Z. (2023, February 02). I Paid a Professional to Edit a ChatGPT-Written Article — Hilarity Ensued. Medium.com.
- Holden Thorp, H. (2023, January 26). ChatGPT is fun, but not an author. Science. Vol. 379, no 6630.
- FPJ Web Desk. (2023, January 16). ChatGPT has answers for almost everything, but is it as flawless as it sounds? The Free Press Journal.
- Kilkenny, K. and Cho, W. (2023, January 12). Attack of the Chatbots: Screenwriters’ Friend or Foe? The Hollywood Reporter, Business, Business News.
2. AI User’s Point of View / Reflexions
- Repkin, Jacob. (2023, September 07). Turnitin is a Useful Tool, But an Imperfect One. The Mesa Press, Opinion.
- Tomorrow’s World Today. (2023, July 31). Can Artificial Intelligence Write School Essays? Tomorrows’ World Today, Artificial Intelligence.
- Franzen, C. (2023, June 12). The AI Feedback Loop: Researchers Warn of ‘Model Collapse’ as AI trains on AI-Generated Content. Venture Beat.
- Malenfant, M. (2023, May 23). AI Software Potentially Influenching Students to Plagiarize. Fox 26 News.
- Vaidhyanathan, S. (2023, May 19). My Students Are Using AI to Cheat. Hear’s Why It’s a Teachable Moment. The Guardian, Education, Schools, ChatGPT.
- Young, J. (2023, May 11). Why I’m Excited About ChatGPT. IHE Inside Higher Ed, Opinion, Views.
- Acres, T. (2023, April 21). ChatGPT Will Make Marking Coursework ‘Virtually Impossible’ and Shows Exams ‘More Important Than Ever’. Sky News, Science & Tech.
- Smith, I. (2023, April 21). ChatGPT Is the Next Educational Tool. The Famuan Online, Opinion.
- Lawless, B. (2023, April 20). How ChatGPT Bested Me and Worsted My Students. IHE Inside Higher Ed, Opinion.
- EIC. (2023, April 16). How AI is Shaping the Future. WCU The Quad.
- Matthews, M and Kelemen, T. (2023, March 14). Guests: How ChatGPT has changed how academics write, research. The Oklahoman, Opinion.
- Bliss, R. (2023, April 11). AI Can’t Teach Children to Learn. What’s Missing? The Washington Post, Opinions.
- Shamsuzzaman, M. (2023, April 06). ChatGPT and Writing: A Deadly Combination! The Daily Star, Views.
- Shashwat (2023, March 27). Is ChatGPT Plagiarism? No. Here’s Why We Think So. Nerds Chalk.
- Lilly, P. (2023, March 23). Why Google Bard’s Apology for Plagiarism Is Worse Than the Act Itself? Hot Hard Ware, News.
- McLellan, J. (2023, March 23). Why The Makers of ChatGPT Care What Pope Francis Says About AI. Ameriaca Magazine: The Jesuit Review.
- Edscoop Staff. (2023, March 07). On ChatGPT, USC urges faculty to pick a side. Edscoop page.
- Wolf, H.R. (2023, March 06). Another Voice: No need to be paranoid about ChatGPT plagiarism. The Buffalo News, Opinion.
- Agrawal, S. (2023, March 02). ‘Inaccurate references & cumbersome’, say students. Why ChatGPT might be losing its sheen. The Print, Tech.
- Study International Staff. (2023, March 02). Can ChatGPT write essays better than university students? Study International, Trending.
- Johnson, J. A. (2023, March 02). Jessica A. Johnson: A.I. cannot replace teachers. The Winchester Star.
- Counihan, A. (2023, March 01). Asking ChatGPT: How should schools regulate students using the technology? The Hawk Newspaper, Opinions.
- Byrnes, G. (2023, February 24) Learning to live with ChatGPT. Penn GSE, University World News.
- Fung, K. (2023, February 26). Hot Topics: ChatGPT’s Challenges and Charms for the Classrom – Here’s What Educators Think of Revolutionary AI ChatBOT. YoungPost, Discover, News, Global.
- Saunders, S. (2023, February 24). Rather than ban generative AI, universities must learn from the past. Penn GSE, University World News.
- DebateUs! (2023, February 22). The Importance Integrating Instruction About Generative AI Deep Fakes Into the Curriculum. YouTube.
- Sim, J. (2023, February 21). Commentary: I am a teacher and I let my students use ChatGPT. CNA- Channel News Asia.
- O’Neill, O. (2023, February 20). Using ChatGPT Isn’t Just Plagiarism, It’s Something Much Worse. The Gateway, Opinion.
- Mills, M. P. (2023, February 15). Yes, This Time It’s Different. ChatGPT and automation come to knowledge work. CityJournal, Eye on the News, Technology and Innovation.
- Marshalls, C. (2023, February 10). Noah Chomsky on Chat GPT : It’s “basically High-Tech Plagiarism “ and a Way of Avoiding Learning”. Open Culture, in Education, Technology.
- CGTN Africa. (2023, February 06). Is AI art simply plagiarism?[Video]. CGTN Africa YouTube channel.
- Eduawen Europe. (2023, February 01) On Writing by Live Intelligence. Eduawen Europe-Blog.
- Renbarger, M. (2023, January 31). Generative AI Is Coming for the Classroom, Whether Teachers Like It or Not. Here’s Why Many in Education Think It Should Be Embraced Rather Than Shunned. Business Insider Page, Tech.
- Stokel-Walker, C. (2023, January 18). ChatGPT Listed as Author on Research Papers: Many Scientists Disapprove. Nature.com.
- D’Agostino, S. (2023, January 12). ChatGPT Advice Academics Can Use Now. Inside Higher Ed, News, Teaching and Learning.
- Haines, B. (2023, January 30). Opinion: Will ChatGPT be the end of the college essay?. Reveille.
- Mackay, T. (2023, January 30. Updated 2023, March 30). What Is AI? Why Was ChatGPT Banned? “Greatest Cheating Tool Ever Invented” Says Teacher. The Scotsman, Lifestyle.
- Yadav, D. (2023, January 25). Chat GPT AI App and Plagiarism Concerns in Schools, Open AI CEO Says Human Intelligence Must Also Evolve. Times Now, News, Education.
- Godin, S. (2023, January 22). Overconfidence and AI. Seth’s Blog.
- Kingson, J. A. (2023, January 13). Friend of foe? Teachers debate ChatGPT. Axios.
- Bailey, J. (2022, December 19). AI and the Danger of Good Enough. PT – Plagiarism Today.
- Feldstein, M. (2022, December 16). I Would Have Cheated in College Using ChatGPT. eLiterate.us.
- Warner, J. (2022, December 11). ChatGPT Can’t Kill Anything Worth Preserving. The Biblioracle Recommends.
- Bogost, I. (2022, December 07). ChatGPT Is Dumber Than You Think. The Atlantic- Technology.
- Warner, J. (2022, May 25). Language AI Don’t Know No Grammar. Inside Higher Ed, Opinion, Blog.
3. Artificial Intelligence Detection / Detection tools
- Lauder, E. (2023, September 08). Uncovering the Plagiarism Detection Tools: Beyond Tunitin. Small Screen.
- Shah, P. (2023, August 29). How to Detect ChatGPT Plagiarism? Android Police, Applications.
- Esquire Philippines. (2023, August 18). AI Detection Tools Are More Likely to Flag Non-Native English Speakers, According to Report. Esquire Mag, Tech.
- BuzzFeed. (2023, August 07). I’m Glad I’m Not In School, Because These 12 Teachers Who Wrongly Accused Their Students Of Cheating Are Infuriating. Yahoo! Life.
- Wasanni, F. (2023, August 03). Tackling Intellectual Property Theft: The Role of Global Anti-Plagiarism Software in Education. Fagen Wasanni.
- Bailey, J. (2023, July 31). Additional Challenges to Detecting AI Writing. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Kumar, H. (2023, July 30). The Ultimate Plagiarism Checker: Detecting Copycats Has Never Been Easier. Medium.com @mhimanshu.
- Bailey, J. (2023, July 27). The Current State of Detecting AI Writing. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Epstein-Gross, C. (2023, July 26). OpenAI Abruptly Shuts Down ChatGPT Plagiarism Detector—And Educators Are Worried. Observer, Business.
- O’Brien, A. (2023, July 20). How to spot an AI cheater. BBC, Future Now, Artificial Intelligence.
- Mesina, C. (2023, June 22). The Best ChatGPT and AI Content Detector Tool. Tech Junkie, AI Tools.
- Mollenkamp, D. (2023, July 11). How Does a Tool That Detects Cheating With ChatGPT Grapple With ‘False Positives’? Ed Surge, Artificial Intelligence.
- Paleja, A. (2023, July 11). AI-detection programs discriminate against non-native English speakers, claims study. Interesting Engineering.
- Paul, A. (2023, July 11). AI plagiarism detectors falsely flag non-native English speakers. PopSci, Technology, AI.
- Quach, K. (2023, June 08). Scientists claim >99 percent identification rate of ChatGPT content. The Register.
- Merod, A. (2023, June 07). Turnitin Admits There Are Some Cases of Higher False Positives in AI Writing Detection Tool. K-12 Dive, Dive Brief.
- Klee, M. (2023, June 06). She Was Falsely Accused of Cheating With AI — And She Won’t Be the Last. Rolling Stone, Fail Tale.
- Ahmed, A. (2023, June 06). Detecting AI May Be Impossible: That’s a Big Problem for Many. Digital Information World.
- Hasnain, A. (2023, June 06). The GPTZero vs. Turnitin Battle for Academic AI Supremacy. Digital Information World.
- Dumin, L. (2023, June 04). AI Detectors : Why I Won’t Use Them. Medium @ldumin157.
- Turnitin. AI conversations: Handling false positives for students. Turnitin, 2023-06-01.
- Bailey, J. (2023, June 01). The Major Obstacle to Detecting AI Writing. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Hsu, T. & Lee Myers, S. (2023, May 18). Another Side of the A.I. Boom: Detecting What A.I. Makes. The New York Times.
- Hew, N. (2023, May 11). 5 Best Free Plagiarism Detectors and the Latest Guide on How to Use Them. Study International, Trending.
- Bailey, J. (2023, May 08). 5 Reasons Why Plagiarism Detection Goes Wrong. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Franks, R. (2023, May 08). ChatGPT, AI cheating scandal: The words flagged as plagiarism for Year 12 students. New Zealand Hearald.
- Eaton, S. (2023, May 06). The Use of AI-Detection Tools in the Assessment of Student Work. Learning, Teaching and Leadership, Dr Sarah Eaton WordPress.
- McFarland, A. (2023, May 01). 5 “Best” AI Content Detection Tools (May 2023). Unite.AI.
American Reports. (2023, April 27). Catching ChatGPT Cheaters: This professor demonstrates how. Fox News Digital.
Veletsianos, G. (2023, April 25). Making ChatGPT detectors part of our education system prioritizes surveillance over trust. The Globe and Mail.
Geben Communication. (2023, April 25). Moodle Forms Solution Partnership With Copyleaks for AI Content and Plagiarism Detection. Access Wire page.
Newscentermain.Com, (2023, April 19). Can plagiarism-detecting software accurately flag AI-generated work? One teacher puts it to the test. News Center Maine.
Hew, N. (2023, April 18). Turnitin launches new AI writing detector for educators and universities. Study International, Breaking News.
Cassidy, C. (2023, April 16). Australian universities split on using new tool to detect AI plagiarism. The Guardian.
Jimenez, K. (2023, April 12). Professors are using ChatGPT detector tools to accuse students of cheating. But what if the software is wrong? USA Today, Education, Artificial Intelligence.
Erudera News. (2023, April 06). UK Universities Criticized for Not Addressing AI-Assisted Cheating. Erudera.com, United Kingdom, Europe, Higher Education News.
Liang, W., Yuksekgonul, M., Mao, Y., Wu, E. & Zou, J. (2023, April). GPT detectors are biased against non-native English writers. arXiv e-prints. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2304.02819
- Clay, G. (2023, April 03). Believe You Assignement is AI-Immune? Let’s Put it to the Test. AutomatED Beehiiv.
PR Newswire. (2023, April 18). Proctorio and CrossPlag Partner to Improve Academic Integrity with AI Content and Plagiarism Detection. Yahoo! Finance.
Fellowes, J. (2023, March 23). Can plagiarism detectors such as Turnitin detect ChatGPT? Metro.co.uk, News, Tech.
- Insco, J. (2023, February 22). ChatGPT Plagiarism: A Software for Teachers During the Rise of AI Writers. Empire State Tribune.
- Wiggers, K. (2023, February 16). Most sites claiming to catch AI-written text fail spectacularly Even the best of the bunch missed some. Tech Crunch, Featured Article.
- Bugeja, M. (2023, February 16). Chatbots and plagiarism: Will we ‘get over it’? Iowa Capital Dispatch, Education.
- ChatGPT Plagiarism. (2023, February 03). ChatGPT Plagiarism – New Tool Lets Teachers Know If AI Wrote a Student Essay. Cision PR Newswire.
- Linda. (2023, February 03) Artificial intelligence: OpenAI develops its own tool to detect plagiarism with ChatGPT. News Rebeat. Technology.
- Jimenez, K. (2023, January 31). OpenAI launched a second tool to complement ChatGPT – and help teachers detect cheating. Usa Today – Education. updated 2023, February 01.
- Mishra, B. K. (2023, January 30) Shodh Shuddhi’ project: Universities in Bihar to use software to check plagiarism. The Times of India.
- Tham, I. (2023, January 28). 5 Plagiarism Detection Tools to Tell If Content Is Written By A Bot Like ChatGPT. The Straits Times.
- (2023, January 28). Plagiarism checker: Turnitin to update ChatGPT screening in 2023. Study International Staff.
- Richard, I. (2023, January 26). ChatGPT, Plagiarism Detector: Tools You Need to Catch AI-Made Content. Tech Times, Internet.
- Ocelot, L. (2023, January 21). Don’t Rely on AI Plagiarism Detection Tools, Warns OpenAI CEO Sam Altman. Medium.com.
- Mok. A. (2023, January 19). CEO of ChatGPT Maker Responds to Schools’ Plagiarism Concerns: ‘We Adapted to Calculators and Changed What We Tested in Math Class’. Business Insider, Tech.
- Gewirtz, D. (2023, January 13). Can AI detectors Save Us From ChatGPT? I Tried 3 Online Tools to Find Out. ZDNet.com.
- Chechitelli, A. (2023, January 13). Sneak Preview of Turnitin’s AI Writing and ChatGPT Detection Capability. Turnitin.
- Stone, T. (2023, January 11). ChatGPT will offer the ultimate weapon against AI plagiarism. The Saxon in Techno.
- Morrone, M. (2023, January 09). Was This Written By A Robot? These Tools Help Detect AI-Generated text. Fast Company, Connected World.
- Bailey, J. (2023, January 05). 3 Approaches to Detect AI Writing. PT – Plagiarism Today.
- Hern, A. (2022, December 31). AI-assisted plagiarism? ChatGPT bot says it has an answer for that. The Guardian, Education, Schools.
- Mollenkamp, D. (2022, December 21). Can Anti-Plagiarism Tools Detect When AI Chatbots Write Student Essays? Ed Surge, Student Success.
- Heikklilä, M. (2022, Decembre 19). How to Spot AI-Generated Text. MIT Technology Review. Melissa Heikkilä discusses the topic of developing new tools to detect AI-generated texts: right now, AI is not flawless, but we need to find solutions fast.
- Gillin, P. (2022, December 16). Startup Says It Can Reliably Detect AI-Generated Content. SiliconeANGLE.
- Stone, B. (2022, December 14). Anti-Cheating Education Software Braces for AI Chatbots . Bloomberg.
- Gibson [@gibsonishere]. (2022, December 17). We Can Adapt! #tiktokteacher #aibot #teachertiktok #ela #aplit #teacher #writing #criticalthinking [Video]. TikTok.
- Puiu, T. (2022, December 14). Can Digital Watermarks Prevent AI Generated Plagiarism? Zmescience: .
- Rosenblatt, K. (2022, December 07). New Bot ChatGPT Will Force Colleges to Get Creative to Prevent Cheating, Experts Say. NBC News, Tech.
- Online Demo on GPT-2 outpout dector model: https://openai-openai-detector.hf.space/.
Artificial Intelligence Detection / Scientific
- Taloni, A., Scorcia, V. & Giannaccare, G. Modern threats in academia: evaluating plagiarism and artificial intelligence detection scores of ChatGPT. Eye (2023). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41433-023-02678-7
GPT Zero – Edward Tian
- Becken, B. (2023, January 25). Bot or not? This Canadian developped and app that weeds out AI-generated homework. CBC Radio Q&A.
- Osborne, M. (2023, January 17). Student Creates App to Detect Essays Written by AI. Smithsonian Magazine.
- Ali, F. (2023, January 06). GPTZero set to counter AI Plagiarism caused by services like ChatGPT. Neowin.
- Paul, J. (2023, January 06). No More Copying From ChatGPT; Princeton Student Builds App That Detects Essays Generated By AI. Mashable.
- Clark, N. (2023, January 05). College student made app that exposes AI-written essays. Polygon.
- Syme, P. (2023, January 04). A Princeton student build an app which can detect is ChatGPT wrote an essay to combat AI-based plagiarism. Business Insider.
4. AI Concerns and Panic…
- Moloney, A., Baptista, D. & Teixeira, F. (2023, July 05). Despite Cheating Fears, Latin American Universities Embrace ChatGPT. New Straits Times, Columnists.
- Bauschard, S. (2023, June 17). 16 Reasons AI Text Detectors Should Never Be Used in Education. Stefan Bauschard.
- Wilson, J. (2023, June 05). Will AI Really Change Everything? Not Likely. The Globe and Mail, Opinion.
- Reynolds, J. (2023, June 01). Artificial intelligence warning over human extinction labelled ‘publicity stunt’. Independent UK Edition, Lifestyle, Tech.
- Ciciora, P. (2023, May 17). What’s the Transformative Potential of Artificial Intelligence? Illinois.Edu. Illinois News Bureau, Campus News
- Popenici, S. (2923, March 25). Higher education lacks solutions to the challenges of the AI era. University World News, Global.
- McDermott, M. (2023, March 14). Does ChatGPT Pose A Threat to the Future of the College Essay? UPR Live, BBC Business Daily and BBC Witness, Utah News.
- McMurtrie, B. (2023, March 06). ChatGPT Is Everywhere. Love it or hate it, academics can’t ignore the already pervasive technology. Chronicle page, Tech and Teaching.
- Leung, M. and Niazi, Shuriah. (2023, February 24). Universities On Alert Over ChatGPT and Other AI-Assisted Tools. University World News, Asia.
- Naidu, E. (2023, February 24). Leading academics believe fears over ChatGPT are misplaced. University World News, South Africa.
- Riso, G. (2023, February 23). ChatGPT Causes Cheating Concerns in Higher Ed. The New Paltz, News.
- D’Agostino, S. (2023, February 22) AI Bots Can Seem Sentient. Students Need Guardrails. Inside Higher Ed, News, Teaching and Learning.
- Gale, A. (2023, February 20). ChatGPT Threatens University Education, Academics Warn. Greek Reporter, Greek News, Education.
- Mollick, E. and Mollick, L. (2023, February 09). (2023, February 9) Why All Our Classes Suddenly Became AI Classes Strategies for Teaching and Learning in a ChatGPT World. Harvard Business Publishing, Education, Digital Learning.
- The Journal. (2023, February 01). ChatGPT creators release new tool aimed at easing concerns over university plagiarism. The Journal, #CHATGPT.
- Barnett, S. , S. (2023, 30 Janvier) ChatGPT Is Making Universities Rethink Plagiarism. Students and professors can’t decide whether the AI chatbot is a research tool—or a cheating engine. Wired, Culture.
- Eagerton, A. (2023, January 19). ChatGPT worries professos, excites them for future of AI. State Press.
- Editorial Board of St-Louis Post-Dispatch. (2023, January 17). ChatGPT Has a Lot of Teachers Worried About Plagiarism. The Fears Are Overblown. STL Today.
- Weale, S. (2023, January 13). Lecturers Urged to Review Assessments in UK Amid Concerns Over New AI Tool. The Guardian, Education, Schools, Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- D’Agostino, S. (2023, January 12). ChatGPT Advice Academics Can Use Now. Inside Higher Ed.
- Cassidy, C. (2023, January 10). Australian universities to return to ‘pen and paper’ exams after students caught using AI to write essays. The Guardian.
- Goss, L. (2023, January 06). Use of AI apps is fuelling plagiarism, as barrister warns more needs to be done to stop online exam cheating. City A.M.
- Chia, O. (2023, January 03). Teachers v ChatGPT: Schools face new challenge in fight against plagiarism. Asia News Network.
- Blackman, J. (2022, December 28). Plagiarism and ChatGPT. As see on Reason.com, The Volokh Conspiracy. Josh Blackman, a constitutional law professor, presents his point of view and emerging questions about limiting access to devices-only paper sources, policies, academic integrity standards.
- Lopez, J. (2022, Decembre 14). AI Chatbots Like ChatGPT Worries Schools, Anti-Cheating Softwares. Techtimes.
- Frankel, B. (2022, December 12). How Will AI Affect Education? Part 1. Libsyn.
- L., M. (2022, December 10). Yes, Teacher, You Should Be Panicking About AI. The Broken Copier.
- Stokel-Walker, C. (2022, December 09). AI bot ChatGPT writes smart essays — should professors worry? Nature, News Explainer, Article.
- Bailey, J. (2022, December 07). Why Teachers Are Worried About AI. Plagiarism Today.
- Marche, S. (2022, December 06). The College Essay Is Dead. TheAtlantic.com.
- Warner, J. (2022, December 05). Freaking Out About ChatGPT – Part I. Inside Higher Ed, Opinion, Blog.
5. Banning or Regulation of Artificial Intelligence
- Singer, N. (2023, September 01). Ban or Embrace? Colleges Wrestle with A.I.-Generated Admissions Essays. The New York Times, A.I. and Chatbots.
- Horowitch, R. (2023, August). Here Comes the Second Year of AI College. The Atlantic.
- Yamashita, N. (2023, July 09). Should ChatGPT Be Used in Schools? [Video]. St George Utah, News.
- McHugh, M. (2023, June 07). Educators Grapple with AI and Plagiarism. The Salem News.
- Klein, A. (2023, May 23). New York City Does About-Face on ChatGPT in Schools. Education Week, Classroom Technology.
- Bryan, C. (2023, April 24). Bans on ChatGPT at Seattle Schools Likely to Be Short-Lived. Government Technology, K12-Education.
- Kumar, K. (2023, April 12). Universities should embrace ChatGPT, not resist it: AURAK study. Al Arabiya English, Business, Techonology.
- McCarty CArinon, M & Hugues, R. (2023, April 07). Could Pausing AI Development Do More Harm Than Good? [Podcast]. Market Place, Tech.
- Wood, P. (2023, February 28). Oxford and Cambridge ban ChatGPT over plagiarism fears but other universities choose to embrace AI bot. I News.
- Saunders, S. (2023 February 24). Rather Than Ban Generative AI, Universities Must Learn from the Past. University World News, Global.
- Saunders, S. (2023, Februay 24). Rather than ban generative AI, universities must learn from the past. University World News, Global.
- Tang, C. (2023, February 17 [Updated]). The Rise of ChatGPT Prompts Call for AI Regulation. China Daily.
- Nolan, B. (2023, January 30). Here are the schools and colleges that have banned the use of ChatGPT over plagiarism and misinformation fears. Business Insider.
- Timothy, A. (2023, 28 Janvier). ChatGPT banned by New York University to prevent plagiarism. The PostMillennial- PM. American News.
- (2023, 28 Janvier). Top French university bans use of ChatGPT to prevent plagiarism. The Straits Times.
- Mok, A. (2023, January 19). The Princeton Student Who Built an APP to Detect ChatGPT Plagiarism Opposes Banning the Chatbot in Schools. Yahoo!Finance.
- Litchfield, T. (2023, January 07). NYC public schools have banned ChatGPT over cheating concerns, while the bot itself insists it is anti-plagiarism. PC Gamer.
- Quach, K. (2023, January 06). AI conference and NYC’s educators ban papers done by ChatGPT. The Register, this article proposes a reflection on the impact of the use of artificial intelligence, learning, relevance of sources, copyrights, content and the frantic speed with which we must adapt to it.
- Koplin, J. Hartherley, J. (2022, December 19). Guest Post: It has become possible to use cutting-edge AI language models to generate convincing high school and undergraduate essays. Here’s why that matters.   Practical Ethics- Ethics in the News
- Gleason, N. (2022, December 09). ChatGPT and the rise of AI writers: how should higher education respond? THE Times Higher Education.
6. Plagiarism and AI / AI in Higher Ed / AI Versus Students
- Brass, E. (2023, September 05). Plagiarism Cases Growing at U of Manitoba as Students Increasingly Turn to Artificial Intelligence. CBC News, Manitoba.
- Alfree, C. (2023, August 30). AI in the Classroom – Cheating or Creating? WNEP, Newswatch 16, Back to School.
- Stover, R. (2023, August 23). Teacher Are Trying to Find Ways to Avoid ChatGPT Plagiarism in the Classroom. [Video]. YouTube, FOX43 News.
- Anwar, H. (2023, August 12). ChatGPT in the Hot Seat as Google Search Exposes Hundreds from the Academia World that Used the Tool in their Research Papers. Digital Information World.
- Chanksy, T. (2023, June 30). Rethinking the Plagiarism Conversation in Light of ChatGPT. Psychology Today, Artificial Intelligence.
- News. (2023, June15). Robert Marks on ChatGPT and Digital Plagiarism “We will have to adapt” Mark said. Mint Matters.
- Alfred. (2023, May 18). FQA – Pratical Solution to Help Preventing Cheating, Plagiarism with Homework and Academic Integrity. Publicist Paper, Business.
- Tencic, N. (2023, May 16). The Changing Nature of Plagiarism. ABC Net, Life Matters.
- Wierdak, N & Sheridan, L. (2023, May 11). ChatGPT Could Have an Upside for Universities – Helping But ‘Contract Cheating’ by Ghostwriters. Phys Org, Other Sciences, Education.
- Maslow, J. (2023, May 06). Does Chat GPT Plagiarize? Uncovering the Truth Behind AI-generated Text. StreetWise Journal, Content Marketing.
- King5.com. (2023, April 25). Seattle educators navigate plagiarism with AI technology. King 5.
- Herron, D. (2023, April 25). Texas colleges forced to embrace ChatGPT while addressing plagiarism concerns. KVUE-abc.
- Ofgang, E. (2023, April 21). The Need for AI PD. Teaching and Learning, Tools & Ideas to Transform Education, News.
- Scott-Briggs, A. (2023, April 19). AI Essay Writing and Plagiarism: Challenges and Solutions. Tech Bullion.
- Peckham, D. (2023, April 13). ChatGPT: Plagiarism or the Future of Writing? The Etownian, Elizabethtown College.
- Blose, A. (2023, April 12). As ChatGPT Enters the Classroom, Teachers Weigh Pros and Cons. neaToday.
- Bailey, J. (2023, April 11). One Way AI Has Changed Plagiarism. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Fazackerley, A. (2023, March 19). AI makes plagiarism harder to detect, argue academics – in paper written by chatbot. The Guardian.
- Bailey, J. (2023). Is Plagiarism a Feature of Artificial Intelligence? Plagiarism Today.
- Bailey, J. (2023, March 09). Grammarly to Launch AI-Writing Tool. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Eaton, S.E. (2023, March 04). Artificial intelligence and academic integrity, post-plagiarism. University World News, Global, with PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton from University of Calgary.
- Harrington, A. (2023, March 02). Is Using ChatGPT a Form of Plagiarism? ASTA-USA Translation Services Inc. Says Yes. Yahoo! Life, Lifestyle.
- Macintosh, M. (2023, March 01). AI poses plagiarism concerns in classrooms. The Brandon Sun, Local.
- Eaton, S. E. (2023, February 24). 6 Tenets of Post plagiarism: Writing in the Age of Artificial Intelligence. WordPress. There is also a recording on Sarah Elaine Eaton, YouTube channel here.
- University of Mississippi. (2023, February 23). Can Artificial Intelligence Plagiarize? The Local Voice.
- Levene, A. (2023, February 23). Artificial intelligence and authorship. </em Cope.
- Roehm, F. (2023, February 22). Should ChatGPT be considered plagiarism? The Rider News.
- Garrett, E. (2023, February 22). Can Artificial Intelligence Plagiarize? UM professor collaborates with Penn State to study copying, paraphrasing in bots such as ChatGPT. Ole Miss, University of Mississippi news.
- Paul, J. (2023, February 21). AI & Plagiarism: Study Says ChatGPT Does More Than Lifting Texts, It Copies Ideas As Well. Mashable India, Tech.
- Benoit, A. (2023, February 20). Artificial Intelligence Poses Ethical Dilemmas in Classrooms. The Trail, News.
- Grindley, S. (2023, February 20). AI Sparks Plagiarism Concerns Among Maine Educations (Headline Written by ChatGPT). 13 WGME on your site, News, I-Team.
- Stacey, S. (2023, February 18). 2 writers who get paid to produce assignments to let lazy students cheat suspect ChatGPT is stealing their customers. Business Insider, Tech.
- Penn State. (2023, February 17). Beyond Memorization: Text Generators May Plagiarize Beyond “copy and paste”. Language models, possibly including ChatGPT, paraphrase and reuse ideas from training data without citing the source, raising plagiarism concerns. ScienceDaily, Sciences News.
- Bailey, J. (2023, February 16). The Definition of Plagiarism. </em PT – Plagiarism Today.
- Tutella, F. (2023, February 16) Beyond memorization: Text generators may plagiarize beyond ‘copy and paste’ Language models, possibly including ChatGPT, paraphrase and reuse ideas from training data without citing the source, raising plagiarism concerns. </em Penn State, Research.
- Coyle, S. [Performa-UdeS]. (2023, February 16). Is AI a Valid Source [Video]. YouTube.
- Bailey, J. (2023, February 14). 5 AI-Related Questions for Academia. PT – Plagiarism Today.
- Wen, A. (2023, February 13). ChatGPT and Plagiarism: Student Cheating Concerns May Be Overblown. Teen Vogue, Politics.
- Godin, S. (2023, January 29). The coming ubiquity. Seth’s Blog.
- Westfall, C. (2023, January 28). Educators Battle Plagiarism As 89% Of Students Admit To Using OpenAI’s ChatGPT For Homework. Tel que vu sur le site Forbes, Leadership, Careers.
- DePeau-Wilson, M. (2023, January 26). Is ChatGPT Becoming Synonymous With Plagiarism in Scientific Research? </a Medpage Today, Special Reports, Exclusives.
- Murphy Kelly, S. (2023, January 26). ChatGPT Passes Exams from Law and Business Schools. CNN Business.
- Gauntt, S. (2023, January 26). Artificial Intelligence Raises Plagiarism Concerns. The Campus Current, News, Showcase.
- Kifle, T. & Kler, P. (2023, January 25). Cut the Copying: Tips to Discourage Plagiarism. Times Higher Education, Campus.
- Burkhart, M. (2023, January 24). AI Program ChatGPT Presents Useful Resource to Students, Educators Warn Against Cheating. As see on Technicianonline.com.
- McEwen, R. (2023, January 22). Academic Papers Written by AI Get A Solid B – But Is It Cheating? the Toronto Star.
- Hern, A. (2022, Decembre 31). AI-assisted plagiarism? ChatGPT Bot Says it Has an Answer for That. The Guardian.
- News Desk. (2022, December 27). Plagiarism Expert Warns New AI App Will Be a Game Changer for Cheaters. The Global Herald.
- Rigolizzo, J. (2022, December 26). Artificial Intelligence Is the Future of Plagiarism, University Professor Warns. DailyWire.com.
- Allen, M. (2022, December 26). Professor Warns About Chatbot Cheating: “Expect a flood”. Axios AM.
- Susnjak, T. (2022, December 19) ChatGPT: The End of Online Exam Integrity? Arvix- Cornell University Computer Science-Artificial Intelligence.
- Harris, Robert (2015). Antiplagiarism Strategies for Research Papers. Virtual Salt. http://www.virtualsalt.com/antiplag.htm
- Bailey, J. (2018, February 18). Crafting Plagiarism-Resistant Assignments Focusing on prevention, not the cure... PT Plagiarism Today.
AI versus Students
- Scientific Reports. (2023, August 25). New Study: ChatGPT Outperforms University Students in Writing.Sci Tech Daily, Techonology News.
- Sanders, T. (2023, July 05). Nearly 400 Uni Students Investigated for Using ChatGPT to Plagiarise Assignments. Metro UK.
- Bailey, J. (2023, June 07). Did a Professor Entrap His Students? PT Plagiarism Today.
- Lusengo, A. (2023, May 29). Varsities, students hail ‘really useful’ ChatGPT, but many worry about the dodgy stuff it spits out – and plagiarism. Daiy Maverick, Schools of AI Thought.
- Bailey, J. (2023, May 22). Professor Falsely Students of ChatGPT Plagiarism. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Amy D. (2023, May 22). How to Prove You Didn’t Use ChatGPT: One Simple Trick to Avoid ChatGPT Plagiarism Accusations. Tech The Lead, Future.
- Brodsky, S. (2023, May 22). How This College Plagiarism Case Shows Catching AI Cheaters Is Tricky. Lifrewire, News, Smart & Connected Life.
- Dias, T. (2023, May 21). These Word & Google Docs Settings May Protect You From ChatGPT Plagiarism Allegations. Slash Gear.
- Klee, M. (2023, May 17). Professor Flunks All His Students After ChatGPT Falsely Claims It Wrote Their Papers. Rolling Stone, Bot Bust.
- Reyes, G. (2023, April 14). Cheating with ChatGPT? Students dish on temptations of AI in the classroom. Fox News, Digital Originals.
- Welding, L. (2023, March 27). Half of College Students Say Using AI on Schoolwork Is Cheating or Plagiarism. Best Colleges.
- E&T Editorial Staff. (2023, February 17). Students Relying on Text Generated by ChatGPT Risk Plagiarism, Scientist Say. E&T, Engineering and Technology.
- Peritz, A. (2022, September 09). Plagiarism: AI Is Making It Easier Than Ever for Students to Cheat. Science The Wire.
7. Integrate AI Into Your Pedagogy / Change Your Assessment / Grading / AI Writing
- OpenAI. (2023). Teaching with AI.
- Horsey, J. (2023, September 01). Open AI Release a ChatGPT Teachers Guide on Teaching with AI. Geeky Gadgets.
- Bruff, D. (2023, August 31). Assignment Makeovers in the AI Age. [Podcast]. Teaching in Higher ED.
- Twidale, J. (2023, July 26). ChatGPT to Create ENGAGING Lesson Plans #aiforteachers #ai4teachers #chatgptforteachers. [Video]. YouTube, AI 4 Teachers, Jen Twidale.
- Dorf, M. C. (2023, July 19). Is Resistance to AI in the Law School Classroom Futile? Verdict, Justia, Technology Law.
- Raym K. (2023, June 26). AI’s Big Deal: AI in the Classroom Continues to Evolve. Tech Learning, News.
- Jin, T. (2023, June 07). Leveraging the Strengths of LLMs for Creativity & Thinking. Medium, Ux Collective.
- Dobrin, S.I. (2023). Talking About Generative AI: A Guide for Educators.
- Eaton, L. (2023, June 09). AI, Higher Ed, & Some Thoughts for Faculty. [Video]. YouTube @Leaton
- Irish News. (2023, May 21). Human teaching must be at ‘heart of schools’ over ‘dangerous’ AI – headteacher. Irish News.
- Matthews, D. (2023, May 14). If you’re not using ChatGPT for your writing, you’re probably making a mistake. Vox.com.
- Eaton, S. E. (2023, May 06). The Use of AI-Detection Tools in the Assessment of Student Work. Learning, Teaching and Leadership, Sarah’s Eaton’s WordPress.
- Narla, A. (2023, May 01). Using Generative AI and Student-Designed Assessments to Bridge the Gap Between Student and Instructor Expectations of Learning. ICAI’s page.
- Mollick, E. (2023, April 21). Democratizing the Future of Education. One Useful Thing.
- Hardman, P. (2023, April 20). Introducing DOMS™️ EDUCATE. As seen The Learning Science Newsletter, Powered by DOMS™️.
- Ghalayini, M. (2023, April 19). Unlocking the potential of AI in higher education. University World News, Global.
- Conversations With AI. (2023, April 19). 10 Ways How to Use ChatGPT/AI in Teaching and Learning a Language [Video]. YouTube.
- Mills, A. (2023) Faculty Help: ChatGPT’s Impact on Higher Education: Resources: Syllabus Statements & Course Policies. Repository of info about impact of ChatGPT on/in higher education. Content creation in collaboration with Anna Mills, College of Marin. SFCC Library.
- Ellis, B. (2023, April 13). How to Differenciate Texts with ChatGPT. TCEATechNotes, Artificial Intelligence.
- Heikkilä, M. (2023, April 12). AI Literacy Might Be ChatGPT’s Biggest Lesson for Schools. MIT Technology Review, Artificial Intelligence.
- Yang, H. (2023, April 12). How I use ChatGPT responsibly in my teaching. Nature.com, Career Column.
- O’Byrne, W. I. (2023, April 11). 4 Ways that AI Can Help Students. The Conservation, Science + Tech.
- Eaton, S. (2023, April 07). How to Talk to Your Students about ChatGPT: A Lesson Plan for High School and College Students. PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton’s page.
- Supiano, B. (2023, April 05). Will ChatGPT Change How Professors Assess Learning? The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Lee, N. (2023, March 29). ChatGPT can be a valuable tool to enhance teaching and learning. SowetanLive.
- Ellis, B. (2023, March 22). How ChatGPT Can Help with Grading. TCEA.org, TechNotes, Artificial Intelligence.
- Clark, D. (2023, March 21). We’ve just gone from a simple teacher-learner model to a new world of AI teachers – a new pedAIgogy. Donald Clark Plan B.
- Erudera News. (2023, March 20). Survey: Over Half of US College Students Say Using ChatGPT for Schoolwork is Plagiarism. Erudera.com.
- (2023, March 07). Is ChatGPT Triggering a New or Transformed Pedagogy? Teach Online.ca, Home, Tools and Trends.
- MacGregor, K. (2023, March 02). ChatGPT – Calm your inner Luddite, keep your inner sceptic. University World News, South Africa.
- O’Byrne, W. I (2023, March 03). Introducing Pre-Service Teachers to Virtual AI Assistants. </em wiobyrne.com
- Volante, L., DeLuca, C. and Klinger, D.A. (2023, February 27). ChatGPT and Cheating: 5 Ways to Change How Students Are Graded. The Conversation, Science + Tech.
- Milmo, D. (2023, February 27). ChatGPT allowed in International Baccalaureate essays. </em The Guardian- News- Education- School.
- Viljoen, J. (2023, February 24). AI in higher education – A tool for better learning? University World News, Global.
- Van der Vors, R. (2023, February 24). How to teach students about ethical issues behind new technologies. Penn GSE, University World News.
- Viljoen, J. (2023, February 24). AI in higher education – A tool for better learning? </em Penn GSE, University World News.
- Greenfiel, N, M. (2023, February 24). Facing facts: ChatGPT can be a tool for critical thinking. </em Penn GSE, University World News.
- Biaou, S. A. (2023, February 24). Universities cannot resist AI – Rather, they must embrace it. Penn GSE, University World News.
- Deepak, P. and Santhosh Kumar, G. (2023, February 23). With ChatGPT, Is It Back to Good Old Pen-And-Paper Assignments in Colleges? The News Minute.
- Goodlad, L.M.E and Baker, S. (2023, February 20). Now the humanities can disrupt “AI”. Public Books, Higher Education.
- Associated Press. (2023, February 19). Amid ChatGPT Outcry, Some Teachers Are Inviting AI to Class. VOA News.
- Washington, J. (2023, February 15). You Can’t Use It To Plagiarize’: DVC Teachers Prepare to Adapt to Life with ChatGPT. The Inquirer Student Voice of Diablo Valley College.
- Christodoulou, D. (2023, February 05). If we are setting assessments that a robot can complete, what does that say about our assessments? The No More Marking Blog.
- Rodriguez, M. (2023, February 04). AI, like ChatGPT, is creating teaching challenges on college campuses. </em Scripps News.
- Eaton, S. and Anselmo, L. (2023, January). Teaching and Learning with Artificial Intelligence Apps. With PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton from University of Calgary. Taylor Institute University of Calgary.
- Swift, B. (2023, January 26). So, you Want to Use ChatGPT in the Classroom this Semester? THE Times Higher Education.
- Cohen, Z. (2023, January 24). Leveraging ChatGPT: Practical Ideas for Educators. ASCD web page.
- Furze, L. (2023, January 23). Pratical Strategies for ChatGPT in Education. Leon Furze’s web page.
- Rid, T. (2023, January 22). Five Days in Class with ChatGPT. Alperovitch.
- O’Brien, B. (2023, January 21). Reforming the Senior Cycle to allow for more continuous assessment has suddenly become a lot riskier thanks to this pioneering piece of AI. The Irish Times.
- Barre, B. (2023, January 20). Will ChatGPT make us better, happier teachers? Center for the Advancement of Teaching, Wake Forest University.
- Ullas, S. S. (2023, January 18). Schools in Bengaluru reinvent homework to outsmart chatbot. The Time of India.
- James, A. (2023, January 17). Teachers VS. Artificial Intelligence as Chatbot Outsmarts Them in the Classroom. La Voce di New York.
- Academic Integrity. Pavela, G. (2023, January 16). Tags: Artificial Intelligence and pedagogy > Indexed under “Artificial intelligence and contract cheating” at https://goo.gl/auuTFP Gary Pavela Comment.
- Murrie, M. (2023, January 06). ChatGPT in the Classroom: A Guide for Educators. [Post]. LinkedIn.
- McMurtrie, B. (2023, January 05). Teaching: Will ChatGPT change the way you teach? Chronicle for Higher Education. Chronicle for Higher Education.
- Watkins, R. (2022, December 22). Update Your Course Syllabus for ChatGPT. Medium.com.
- Juliani, A.J. (2022, December 18). Teaching and Learning in the AI with John Warner. YouTube, Backwards Podcast episode with John Warner.
- McClennen, N. & Poth, R. (2022, December 16). Education Is About to Radically Change: AI for the Masses. Getting Smart.
- Bailey, J. (2022, December 07). Why Teachers Are Worried About AI. Plagiarism Today.
- McVey, C. (2022, December 05). POV: Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Writing at the University. Let’s Embrace It. BU Today.
- Warner, J. (2022, December 05). Freaking Out About ChatGPT – Part I. Inside Higher Ed.
- McKnight, L. (2022, October 14). Eight Ways to Engage with AI Writers in Higher Education. THE Times Higher Education.
- Ellis, E. (2022, August 31). The potential of artificial intelligence in assessment feedback. THE Times Higher Education.
- Webb, M. (2022, August 04). What’s Next for AI in Higher Education? THE Times Higher Education.
- AI and the University. THE Times Higher Education.
- Atkinson, D. (2022, July 12). Promoting the Importance of Academic Integrity through Thoughtful Pedagogic Materials Design. ICAI’s webpage.
- Stommel, J. (2021, June 11). Ungrading, an Introduction. Jesse Stommel.
- Spiller, D. (2014). Assessment matters: Academic Integrity. The University of Waikato.
AI and Assessment
- Fulford, M. (2023, August 08). In the AI Age, It’s Time to Change How We Teach and Grade Writing. Longmont Leader, Local News.
- Gecker, J. (2023, August 10). Paper Exams, Chatbot Bans: Colleges Seek to ‘ChatGPT-proof’ Assignments. The Washington Post, Business.
- ECM Tutors. (2023, June 04). Embracing AI in the Classroom: ChatGPT, an Enriching Learning Tool. ECM Tutors.
- ECM Tutors. (2023, June). ChatGPT Learning Code Poster Pack. ECM Tutors.
- Dawson, P. (2023, June 12). Don’t Fear the Robot: Future Assessment and Generative Artifical Intelligence. [Video]. YouTube. Werklund School of Education.
- Liu, D. & Bridgeman, A. (2023, June 08). ChatGPT is Old News: How Do We Assess in the Age of AI Writing Co-Pilots? Educational innovation, The University of Sydney, Assessment, Teaching Tips.
- Bearman, M., Ajjawi, R., Boud, D., Tai, J. & Dawson, P. (2023). CRADLE
- CRADLE. (2023). CRADLE Suggests… Assessment and genAI. Centre for Research in Assessment and Digital Learning, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.22494178
- Lee, J. (2023, May 08). Effective Assessment Practices for ChatGPT-Enabled World. Created in partnership with Georgia Tech’s Center for 21st Century Universities. THE Times Higher Education.
- Furze, L. (2023, April 29). The AI Assessment Scale: From no AI to Full AI. Leon Furze.
- Warner, J. (2023, April 21). ChatGPT and Writing Assessment, an Old Problem Made New. IHE – Inside Higher Ed.
- Furze, L. (2023, January 23). Practical Strategies for ChatGPT in Education. Leon Furze.
AI and Pedagogy in Schools
- Bloomberg. (2023, August 16). ChatGPT-Wary Universities Scramble to Prepare for New School Year. Hindustantimes.com, HT Tech, Tech, News.
- AI 4 Teachers, Jen Twidale. (2023, June 16). ChatGPT for Reading Rotations and Literacy Groups (Lower Primary). [Video]. YouTube.
- Yale Poorvu Center. (2023). AI Guidance. Yale Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning.
Pedagogy: Authentic Assessment
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning of Indiana University Bloomington (2023). Authentic Assessment. Indiana University Bloomington, 2023-01-05.
- Lodge, Howard and Broadbent (2023). Assessment redesigne for generative AI: A taxonomy of options and their viability. LinkedIn.
Pedagogy: Course Outline
- Mizumoto, A & Eguchi, M. (2023, August). Exploring the potential of using an AI language model for automated essay scoring. Research Methods in Applied Linguistics, Volume 2, Issue 2, 2023, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rmal.2023.100050.
- Volante, L., DeLuca, C. & Klinger, D.A. (2023, February 27). ChatGPT and cheating: 5 ways to change how students are graded. The Conversation.
Pedagogy: Oral Assessment
- Clay, G & Lee, C. W. (2023, August 03). Embracing Constructive Dialogue and Oral Assessments in the Age of AI. IHE Inside Higher Ed.
Pedagogy: Privacy Issues
- Caines, A. (2023, January 18). Prior to (or instead of) Using ChatGPT with your Students. Autumm EdTech.
Pedagogy: Prompts / Professors Upskilling
- Horn, E. (2023, June 08). How to Create a Rubric with ChatGPT. Tech Notes, Artificial Intelligence.
- Mollick, E and Mollick, L. (2023, June 01). Unlocking the Power of AI: How Tools Like ChatGPT Can Make Teaching Easier and More Effective. [Video, webinar]. Harvard Business Publishing, Education.
- D’Agostino, S. (2023, May 26). Professors Plan Summer AI Upskilling, With or Without Support. IHE Inside Higher Ed, Tech & Innovation, Artificial Intelligence.
- AI Insights & Innovations. (2023, May 09). ChatGPT for Teachers with Prompts | Optimizing Teachers Work with ChatGPT | AI For Educators | AI |. [Video]. YouTube, AI Insights & Innovations.
- Al Bulushi, Z. (2023, April 23). CHATGPT Prompts that Make Assessment Faster & Easier. Zawan Al Bulushi’s blog.
- Dumitrescu, I. (2023, March 24). Will ChatGPT Kill the Student Essay? Universities Aren’t Ready for the Answer. The Walrus.
- Furze, L. (2023, July 13). Teaching Writing with Generative AI. Leon Furze.
- Lee, C. (2023, July 11). ChatGPT Essay Writing: How to Talk to Students About AI and Integrity. Turnitin.
- Mills, A. and Goodlad, L. M. E. Critical AI: adapting college writing for the age of large language models such as ChatGPT: some next steps for educators. Licensed CC BY NC 4.0. Critical AI. Consulted 2023-03-06.
Homework and IA
- Mollick, E. (2023, July 01). The Homework Apocalypse. One Useful Thing.
8. Using / Learning with Artificial Intelligence and Tools
- Ofgang, E. (2023, June 28). A Professor Encouraged Students to Use ChatGPT. OpenAI Asked Her What She Learned. Tech Learning, News.
- Dobrin, S. I. (2023). Talking about Generative AI : A Guide for Educators. Version 1.0. Broadview Press.
- Julian | Digital Edge. (2023). ChatGPT Teacher’s Pack : Engage & Empower. Gumroad, Julian | Digital Edge. Page accessed 2023-07-07.
- Rosenzweig, J. (2023, June 20). Opinion: AI-Assisted Writing Is Close to Becoming as Standard as Spell Check. Here’s the Catch. Los Angeles Times.
- Svrluga, S. & Natanson, H. (2023, June 01). All the Unexpected Ways ChatGPT Is Infiltrating Students’ Lives. The Washington Post, Education, Higher Education.
- Office of Educational Technology. (2023). Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Teaching and Learning. U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology’s new policy report.
- Liu, D., Bridgeman, A. & Ka Yuk Chan, C. (2023, May 15). “Please Do Not Assume the Worst of Us”: Students Knows AI Is Here to Stay and Want Unis to Teach Them How to Use it. The Conversation, Education.
- Bongers, D. (2023, May 05). 15+ Powerful ChatGPT prompts to create interactive lesson activities in no time. Book Widgets Interactive Learning.
- AI Insights & Innovations. (2023, April 26). The Art of Prompt Engineering Simplified | Explained in 10 mins | Prompte Examples | ChatGPT 4 | AI. [Video] AI Insights & Innovations’ YouTube Channel.
- @herfteducation. (2023). A Teacher’s Prompt Guide to ChatGPT aligned with “What Works Best”.
- TED. (2023, May 01). How AI Could Save (Not Destroy) Education | Sal Khan [Video]. As seen you YouTube.
- Jones, D. & Al. (2023). Yes, We’re Using ChatGPT to Teach Higher Order Thinking, Here’s How. Bam Radio Network, AI ChatGPT: 360°, What Works!
- Hew, N. (2023). How to use ChatGPT in your assignments without getting accused of plagiarism. Study International.
- Bailey, J. (2023, March 09). Grammarly to Launch AI-Writing Tool. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Shrivastava, R. (2023, March 09). Grammarly’s Generative AI Feature Will Soon Be Able to Write, Interpret and Edit Text. Forbes, Innovation, Editors’ Pick.
- Bass, D. (2023, March 07). Microsoft, Google-Backed Group Wants to Boost AI Education in Low-Income School. the Bloomberg, Technology + Equality.
- Cai, W. (2023, February 24). ChatGPT can be powerful tool for language learning. The innovation offers multiple opportunities for language teaching and learning. University Affairs/Affaires universitaires (UA/AU).
- Buriak, J. M. and al. (2023, February 27). Best Practices for Using AI When Writing Scientific Manuscripts. ACS Publications.
- Horn, E. (2023, February 27). An AI Tool for Generating Higher-Order Discussion Question. Tech Notes (TCEA), AI/VR.
- Mudit. (2023, February 26). 15 Coolest ChatGPT Prompts You Should Use Right Now! [February 2023]. Nerds Chalk.
- Jorgensen, T. E. (2023, February 24). ChatGPT – A New Relationship Between Humans and Machines. University World News, Global.
- Shendruk, A. (2023, February 14). Here’s How 10 Industries Are Experimenting With ChatGPT. Quartz, Technology, Bits and Bots.
- Muscanell, N and Robert, J. (2023, February 14), EDUCAUSE QuickPoll Results: Did ChatGPT Write This Report? Educause Review.
- COPE. (2023, February 13). Authorship and AI tools. Cope.
- Stockel-Walter, C. and Van Noorden, R. (2023, February 06) What ChatGPT and generative AI mean for science. </em Nature, news feature, article.
- Johnson, A. (2023, February 06), Boost Your Career with ChatGPT. Windfall of Books.
- Parker, L, Acuña, D.,Toyama, K., Finlayson, M. and Green, C. (2023, January 11). AI and the Future of Work: 5 Experts on What ChatGPT, DALL-E and Other AI Tools Mean for Artists and Knowledge Workers. In this collaborating article seen on FIU (Florida International University) News, subjects like “Creativity for all – but loss of skills?” (Lynne Parker), “Potential inaccuracies, biases and plagiarism” (Daniel Acuña) , “Niche and ‘handmade’jobs will remain” (Kentaro Toyama), “Old jobs will go, new jobs will emerge” (Mark Finlayson) and “Leaps in technology lead to new skills” (Casey Green) are exposed.
- Garrido Merchan, E.C. (2023, January 31). ChatGPT is not all you need. A quick summary of the Generative AI taxonomy. Medium Eduardo Garrido 90.
- Shannon, K. [@ailearninglab]. (2023, January 04). Prompt Crafting. #PromptCrafting #PromptEngineering #StableDiffusion #MidJourney #Dalle #AIArtist #Trending #greenscreen. In this short TikTok video, Kyle Shannon explains that it is possible to create photos or paintings through promptcrafting and quickly shows all the information, concepts, artistic influences, emotions and mediums that the AI compiles to produce an artistic work.
- Schaefer, M. (2022, December 12). 20 Entertaining Uses of ChatGPT You Never Knew Were Possible. Medium.com.
- Khalid, Z. (2022, December 2022). The Top AI Writing Tools of 2023. Globe Echo.
- The AI Search Engine You Control: You.com.
9. General Information On Artificial Intelligence
- Fisher, R. (2023, July 17). The A-Z of AI: 30 Terms You Need to Understand Artificial Intelligence. BBC, Future Now, Artificial Intelligence.
- Lopez, G. (2023, April 21). Good morning. A.I. Does Not Have to Be Perfect or Have Human-Level Intelligence to Be Useful. The New York Times, Morning.
- Hill, K. (2023, April 26). The HUGE Problem with ChatGPT [ Youtube Video].
- Unbound-ED. (2023, February 27). ChatGPT, AI Generative Tools and Your Career: Parallels, Possibilities and Problems. [YouTube] Unbound-ED, Lance Eaton.
- Unbound-ED. (2023, February 27). AI Generative Tools and Teaching – A Look at the Landscape. [YouTube] Unbound-ED, Lance Eaton.
- Cullen, C. (2023, February 07). Artificial Intelligence: Friend, Foe, or Neither? ICAI International Center for Academic Integrity.
- Fried, I. (2023, February 6) Google details Bard, its ChatGPT rival. </em Axios.
- Bailey, J. (2023, January 03). The Big Copyright & Plagiarism Story of 2022 & 2023. PT – Plagiarism Today, Jonathan Bailey leads us to think about AI-generated creation, copyright and plagiarism.
- Spencer, J. (2022, December 09). Human Skills in A World of Artificial Intelligence. Spencerauthor.com.
- Kornwitz, J. (2018, January 18). Higher Ed Must Prepare Learners for AI Age. Artificial intelligence and training students for the job market. Northeastern Global News.
- EdTech. (2022, December 17). ChatGPT, Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence in Education. Ditch That Textbook.
10. Resources Pages On Artificial Intelligence
AI Training Courses
- Marcus Evans Online Events. (2023, October 05). AI in Higher Education: Where’s It Going? Panel moderator: Robert Gray Atkins. Speakers: Dr Kirstie De Biase, Dr. David Reed, Dr. Jamail D. Carter.
- Bochrinis, A. (2023). Make Teaching Easier with Artificial Intelligence (ChatGPT). [Tutorial]. Ûdemy, Teaching & Academics, Teacher Training, ChatGPT.
- Spokane Falls Community College Library. (2023, June 02). Library Lesson: Research Question Development using ChatGPT. Spokane Falls Community College Library.
- Dumin, L. (2023, May 29). How I Approached AI-Literacy in the Writing Classroom. Medium @ldumin157.
- Dumin, L. (2023). Laura’s Repository of AI Information. Ldumin157.com.
- Tropiano, D. (2023, May 04). New ChatGPT course at ASU Gives Students a Competitive Edge. Arizona State University, ASU News.
- Eaton, L. CVC292-2 : Special Topics in Civic Engagement : Digital Interventions : AI & Education. College Unbound.
- Learn Prompting: https://learnprompting.org/docs/intro
- Science Buddies. (2023). Artificial Intelligence Projects, Lessons, Activities.
- The AI Educator. (2023). AI Educator Tools. The AI Educator.
Other resources / AI Tools
- Pierce, D. (2023, August 28). Google’s AI- Powered Note-Taking App is the Messy Beginning of Something Great. The Verge, Google, Tech, Artificial Intelligence.
- Miller, M. (2023, May 02). 30 AI Tools for the Classroom. Ditch That Textbox, Artificial Intelligence.
- AIClassroom.me. (2023). 77 AI Tools for Teachers. Canva. Page consulted 2023-07-25.
- Ekugo, N. (2023, June). 25 popular AI tools that have transformed learning and research. Nairametrics, Industries.
- Horn, E. (2023, March 16). Five Ai Tools to Try. TCEA, Technotes, AI/VR.
- Quillbot (2023).
- Chat with any PDF (2023).
- Optic AI or Not (2023).
- Consensus (2023).
- Harvard Business Publishing Education. (2023) [Free webinar]. Unlocking the Power of AI: How Tools Like ChatGPT Can Make Teaching Easier and More Effective. Harvard Business Publishing Education.
- Futurepedia (2023). The largest AI tool directory, updated daily.
- Turnitin. (2023). Academic Integrity in the Age of AI Checklist. All rights reserved.
- Turnitin. (2023). Guide for approaching AI-generated text in your classroom. Turnitin page.
- Academic Integrity. Home [Facebook Group]. Facebook. 2023.
- Assessment for learning. NFER National Foundation for Educational Research. PDF consulted 2023-03-06.
- Curriculum. Day of AI. Cursus to explain AI from Ages 5-7 to 14+. Day of AI, Massachussetts Institute of Technology. Consulted 2023-03-06.
- AI Text Generators: Sources to Stimulate Discussion among Teachers. Compiled by Anna Mills for the Writing Across the Curriculum Clearinghouse as part of a larger resource collection: AI and Teaching Writing: Starting Points for Inquiry. Licensed CC BY NC 4.0
11. Experts On Plagiarism and AI
Li B, Kou X, Bonk CJ. Embracing the Disrupted Language Teaching and Learning Field: Analyzing YouTube Content Creation Related to ChatGPT. Languages. 2023; 8(3):197. https://doi.org/10.3390/languages8030197
Balat, Ayse & Bahşi, Ilhan. (2023). May Artificial Intelligence Be a Co-Author on an Academic Paper? European Journal of Therapeutics. 29. e12-e13. 10.58600/eurjther1688.
Waltzer, T, Cox, R.L. and Heyman, G.D. (2023, April 03). Testing the Ability of Teachers and Students to Differentiate Between Essays Generated by ChatGPT and High School Students. Human Behavior and Emerging Technologies. Volume 2023: 1923981.
- Limna, Pongsakorn & Kraiwanit, Tanpat & Jangjarat, Kris & Klayklung, Prapasiri & Chocksathaporn, Piyawatjana. (2023). The Use of ChatGPT in the Digital Era: Perspectives on Chatbot Implementation. DOI:10.37074/jalt.2023.6.1.32
Kasneci, E., et al. (2023, April). ChatGPT for Good? On Opportunities and Challenges of Large Language Models for Education. Learning and Individual Differences, Volume 103: 102274. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lindif.2023.102274.
Weber-Wulff, D., Anohina-Naumeca, A., Bjelobaba, S., Foltýnek, T., Guerrero-Dib, J., Popoola, O., … & Waddington, L. (2023). Testing of Detection Tools for AI-Generated Text. arXiv preprint arXiv:2306.15666.
Foltynek, T, Bjelobaba, S., Glendinning, I. et al. ENAI Recommendations on the ethical use of Artificial Intelligence in Education. Int J Educ Integr 19, 12 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40979-023-00133-4. PUPP’s Experts, Thomas Foltynek President of the Board of the European Network for Academic Integrity and Irene Glendinning Coventry University, United Kindgom.
Lancaster, T. (2023, April 24). ChatGPT – A Force For Good? International Centre for Academic Integrity (ICAI).
Moya, B. & Morrwo, L. (2023, April 04). Foundational Literacies & Academic Integrity Skills Ideas. [Video]. Bournemouth University (BU), Speaker Series.
Edex Live. (2023, March 24). ChatGPT’ Academic Content Detectable by AI-Powered Tools, Find Study. The New Indian Express Edex Live, Happening.
Mollick, Ethan R. and Mollick, Lilach. (2023, March 17). Using AI to Implement Effective Teaching Strategies in Classrooms: Five Strategies, Including Prompts Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4391243 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4391243
Eaton, S. E. and Soulière, M. (2023, March). Artificial Intelligence and Fake Papers. Publication Ethics.org, Resources, Forum Discussion Topic.Chronicle of Higher Education. (2023). [Virtual Event] Artificial Intelligence and Research Ethics. Zoom Chronicle.
Parnther, C. (2023, January 27). ChatGPT, Artificial Intelligence, and Critical Contemplation in Education. Medium @ceceilia.parnther. PUPP’s Expert, Ceceilia Parnther from St-John’s University, USA.
- Moya, B.A., Eaton, S.E., Pethrick, H., Hayden, K.A., Brennan, R., Wiens, J., McDermott, B. & Lesage, J. (2023, January 28). Academic Integrity and Artificial Intelligence in Higher Education Contexts: A Rapid Scoping Review Protocol. Canadian Persepectives On Academic Integrity. Vol 5. No.2. PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton from University of Calgary, Canada.
- Eaton, S. & Anselmo, L. (2023, January). Teaching and Learning with Artificial Intelligence Apps. PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton from University of Calgary, Canada.
- Kafka, A. Artificial Intelligence and Research Ethics. [Video]. Zoom The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- (2023, March 01). FLO Panel : Educative Approches to Academic Integrity. the BC Campus page. [Event archives: recordings and resources at the bottom of page].
- “Artificial Intelligence in Post-Secondary Education“. A CBC Listen Live Radio interview for Calgary Eyeopener with Loren McGinnis, Angela Knight and PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton from University of Calgary, Canada.
- “How Will AI Affect Education? Part I“. Over-Throwing Education with the Areté Institute.
- Eaton, S. (2022, December 09). Sarah’s Thoughts: Artificial Intelligence and Academic Integrity. PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton from University of Calgary, Canada.
- The White House. (2023, May 23). Fact Sheet: Biden-Harris Administration Takes New Steps to Advance Responsible Artificial Intelligence Research, Development, and Deployment. The White House, OSTP, News & Updates, Press Releases.
- M. Buriak, D. Akinwande, N. Artzi, C. J. Brinker, C. Burrows, W. C. W. Chan, et al. (2023, May 17). Best Practices for Using AI When Writing Scientific Manuscripts. ACS Nano 2023 Vol. 17 Issue 5 Pages 4091-4093. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.3c01544.
- Pavlik, J.V. (2023, January 07). Collaborating With ChatGPT: Considering the Implications of Generative Artificial Intelligence for Journalism and Media Education. Journalism & Mass Communication Educator, 0(0). https://doi.org/10.1177/10776958221149577.
- Liang, W., Yuksekgonul, M., Mao, Y., Wu, E. & Zou, J. (2023, April). GPT detectors are biased against non-native English writers. arXiv e-prints. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2304.02819
- University of Calgary, Sarah Eaton. (2022). Artificial Intelligence an Academic Integrity: The Ethics of Teaching and Learing with Algorithm Writing Technologies. . PUPP’s Expert, Sarah Eaton from University of Calgary, Canada.
- Crothers, E., Japkowicz, N., & Viktor, H. (2022). Machine Generated Text: A Comprehensive Survey of Threat Models and Detection Methods. arXiv preprint arXiv:2210.07321.
- Hwang, Gwo-Jen and Chien, Shu-Yun (2022) Definition, roles, and potential research issues of the metaverse in education: An artificial intelligence perspective. Computers and Education: Artificial Intelligence, Volume 3, 2022, 100082. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.caeai.2022.100082 .
- Okonkwo, C.W and Ibijola, A.A (2021) Chatbots applications in education: A systematic review. Computers and Education: Artificial Intelligence, Volume 2, 202, 100033. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.caeai.2021.100033.
- Dawson, P. (2020). Cognitive Offloading and Assessment. In: Bearman, M., Dawson, P., Ajjawi, R., Tai, J., Boud, D. (eds) Re-imagining University Assessment in a Digital World. The Enabling Power of Assessment, vol 7. Springer, Cham.
- Becckett, C. (2023, March 17). GPT-4 has brought a storm of hype and fright – is it marketing froth, or is this a revolution? The Guardian.
- Wong De Quan, L. (2023, March 16). AI Hires a Human to Solve Captcha, Because It Couldn’t Solve It Itself. GizmoChina.
- OpenAI. (2023, March 14). ChatGPT-4. OpenAI.
13. Call for Chapters, AI Literacy
14. Referencing / How to quote / Use AI Tool / Prompt
- Arendt-Bunds, A. (2023). How to Cite AI Tools: A Guide for Students. Faculty Club, Teaching with Technology.
- Shabbir, U. (2023, August 10). Quillbot vs. Grammarly : Which Tool Is a Better Writing Assistant? Make use of, Productivity.
- McAdoo, T. (2023, April 07). How to Cite ChatGPT. American Psychological Association APA.org.
- MLA Style Center. How do I cite generative AI in MLA style? MLA Style Center.
- Banu, S. (2023, June 29). Humanize AI Text in 5 Easy Steps: Plagiarism Remover Guide. AMB Crypto, AI Tools.
- Bond, S. (2023, June 13). AI-Generated Images Are Everywhere. Here’s How to Spot Them. NPR Life Kit.
- Grant, H. (2023, May 25). Quillbot Alternatives: Top Competitors for Better Paraphrasing. Tech Bullion, Reviews.
- McAdoo, T. (2023, April 07). How to Cite ChatGPT. American Psychological Association, APA Style Blog.
- Kahn, Z. (2023) ChatGPT Mastery Cheat Sheet Beginner to Pro. Media LICDN
- Hoover, A. (2023, August 17). Use of AI is Seeping into Academic Journals – and It’s Proving Difficult to Detect. Wired.
- G. Victor, R. L. Sokol, L. Goldkind and B. E. Perron. (2023). Journal of the Society for Social Work and Research 2023. Pages 000-000 DOI: 10.1086/726021 https://doi.org/10.1086/726021
- Horn, E. (2023, July 27). Prompts for Lesson Planning with ChatGPT. TCEA TechNotes, Artificial Intelligence.
- AI for Education. (2023). GenAI Chatbot Prompt Library for Educators. AI for Education, Educator Resources.
- Watkins, R. (2023, July 27). From AI to A+: Prepare Your Students for Using ChatGPT and other AI. Medium, @rwatkins_7164.
- Clark, D. (2023, March 21). What is Plan B? Not Plan A! Blog Donald Clark Plan B.
- Tutt, P. (2023, March 03). 13 Formative Assessments That Inspire Creativity. Edutopia.
Prompts high school students
- My Teach Mate. Resources. Infographic: Build Your Prompts Like a Pro. My Teach Mate.
Prompts / Scientific
- Wei, J. et al. (2022). Chain-of-Thought Prompting Elicits Reasoning in Large Language Models. NeurIPS 2022.
15. Ethics / Academic Integrity Policies / Copyrights and AI
- Vakulov, A. (2023, August 14). Ethical Considerations of Using AI for Academic Purposes. Unite.AI.
- Ganesh, S. (2023, July 20). Top 10 Ethical Considreations in Generative AI. Analytics Insight.
- Pelzman-Kern, I. (2023). AI + Ethics Curriuculum for Middle School. Massachussets Institute of Technology School of Architecture + Planning.
- Ngila, F. (2023, July 05). U.K.’s Top Universities Issue 5 Guidelines for Generative AI. GT Government Technology, Higher Education.
- Ngila, F. (2023, July 04). The UK’s top universities reached an agreement on how to deal with generative AI. Quartz, Technology, AI Consensus.
- Pardo, L. (2023, June 26). 5 Ethical Implications of AI in Education: A Guideline for Responsible Classroom Implementation. Quizalize Blog.
- Russel Group. (2023). Russel Group Principles on the Use of Generative AI Tools in Education. Russel Group. Page generated 2023-07-07.
- Bauschard, S. (2023, May 21). The Debate Over Artificial General Intelligence, Artificial Super Intelligence and What it Means for Education. Eduaction Disrupted: Teaching and Learning in An AI World.
- Conseil de l’Europe. (2023, 26 avril). EduTalks@Conseil de l’Europe – Intelligence artificielle et intégrité académique [Video, English]. COE.int, Newsroom.
Academic Integrity Policies
- ICAI. (2023). Statement on Academic Integrity and Artificial Intelligence.
- Bauschard, St. (2023, August 29). “AI Policy” Considerations for Schools. Stefan Bauschard.
- Cummings, L. (2023, August 01). Developing your Default GenAI Policy. iSophist, Education Hub.
- Txabarriaga, R. (2023, July 31). Researchers Call for Clear Policies Around Machine Translation Use in Higher Education. Slator, Academia.
- WeAreTeachers Staff. (2023, July 28). How to Write and AI Policy for Schools: Examples and Resources. We Are Teachers, Technology.
- Conrad, K. (2023, July 17). Sneak Preview: A Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights for Education. Critical AI.
- Kakuchi, S. (2023, July 11). New Government Guidelines on the Use of AI in Education. University World News, Japan.
- Bauschard, S. (2023, June 25). Massive Disruption Now: What AI Means for Students, Educators, Administrators and Accreditation Boards. Stefan Bauschard.
- Frehner, M. (2023, June 14). A Note on AI and The Globe and Mail Newsroom. The Globe and Mail.
- Bali, M & Mostafa, H. (2023, May 22). How AUC Faculty Are Addressing AI in Their Teaching Spring 2023. The American University in Cairo – Center for Learning and Teaching, CLT New Chalk Talk.
- Schneider, B. (2023). ACIFA’s Position on Academic Integrity. Alberta Colleges and Institutes Faculties Association (ACIFA).
Copyrights / Integrity
- Bailey, J. (2023, August 22). The Fight to Own AI-Generated Content is Just Starting. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Singh, R. (2023, August 06). Academic Integrity: An Acid Test for Higher Education – OpEd. Eurasia View.
- Pandey, M. (2023, July 19). 8000 Authors Petition OpenAI, Google, Meta and Microsoft to Pay for AI Plagiarism. Analytics India Mag, News.
- Alexander, B. (2023, May 08). How Should Academics React to AI? [Video]. YouTube.
- Ozcan, S., Sekhon, J. & Ozcan, O. (2023, April 17). ChatGPT: what the law says about who owns the copyright of AI-generated content. The Conversation, Science+Tech.
- Johnson, K. (2023, April 13). Artificial Intelligence: Trust Issues. [Post]. LinkedIn.
AI and Government
- Bremmer, I. (2023). Can We Govern AI Before It’s too Late? GZERO Daily.
16. Employment and AI
- Appiah, K. A. (2023, July 07). Can I Use ChatGPT for the Tedious Parts of My Job? The New York Times Magazine, The Ethicist.
- Abril, D. (2023, June 28). New Gen Z Graduates Are Fluent in AI and Ready to Join the Workforce. The Washington Post, Help Desk, Work Reimagined.
- Kelly, P. (2023, May 12). ‘Why Would We Employ People?’ Experts on Five Way AID Will Change Work. The Guardian, Lifestyle.
- Senz, K. (2023, April 26). Is AI Coming for Your Job? Harvard Business School, Working Knowledge.
- Abril, D. (2023, March 20). AI isn’t yet going to take your job — but you may have to work with it. Washington Post, Technology, Interactive.
- Zahn, M. (2023, February 14). Is AI coming for your job? ChatGPT renews fears. ABC News, Business.
17. Kids and AI
- Panda Security. (2023, September 06). Are kids using ChatGPT for school projects? Panda Security, Family Safety, Mobile News.
18. AI vs Essay Mills
- Bailey, J. (2023, August 30). What is Next for Essay Mills? PT Plagiarism Today.