Discover resources for preventing plagiarism and teaching academic integrity to your students.
Teaching academic integrity to prevent plagiarism
- Steere, E. (2022, November 2). Text Spinners and the Problem of Paraphrase Plagiarism. Inside Higher Ed.
- Razi, S. (2022, October 14). How to organise an event to train ambassadors of academic integrity. Times Higher Education (THE).
- Bailey, J. (2022, October 13). 5 Things Teachers Need to Know When Talking to Students About Plagiarism. Plagiarism Today (PT).
- Council of Europe OP Services. (2022, Juillet). Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity. [Video].
- Council of Europe OP Services. (2022, Juillet). Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity.
- Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning. (2022). Student Academic Integrity: A Handbook for Academic Staff and Teaching Assistant. University of Calgary. Calgary University’s website where you can download the guide.
- Scoffield, S. (2022, March 16). An Innovative Way to Deal With Plagiarism. George Lucas Educational Foundation – edutopia.
- Carleton University. (2022). Academic Integrity Resources for Instructors. TLS, Teaching Resources, Assessing Student Work.
- Association of College & Research Librairies (ACRL). (1996-2016). ACRL Framework for Information Literacy Sandbox Directory.
Planning you course
- Parnther, C. (2022, July 26). Syllabus Strategies That Support Academic Integrity. International Center for Academic Intregity (ICAI).
- Colella, J. (2022, April 11). Course Content and Course Assignments: Considerations to Help with Student Plagiarism. Faculty Focus.
Articles, blog, news and more
- Alonso, J. (2022, November 10). Simple Interventions Can Curb Cheating, Study Finds. Inside Higher Ed.
- Bailey, J. (2022, April 04). Plagiarism as a Social Norm. PT Plagiarism Today.
- Eaton, S. E. (2022, February 22). Check You Bias At The Door. UA/AU University Affairs Affaire Universitaire.
- Roig, M. (n.d.) (2016, September 01). Avoiding Plagiarism, Self-Plagiarism, and Other Questionable Writing Practices: A Guide to Ethical Writing. Retrieved PDF Document from https://ori.hhs.gov.
- Bertram Gallant, T. (2022, May 22). Blog post on the International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI) website about the book Cheating Academic Integrity – Bertram Gallant, T. & Rettinger, D.A. (2022) Cheating Academic Integrity: Lessons Learned from 30 Years of Research (1st Edition). Jossey-Bass.
- Parnther, C. (2021). Lessons from TikTok on Academic Integrity. International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI).
→ Section under construction – Resources will be added. ←
Plagiarism prevention and academic integrity in videos
- Université de Genève. (2018, mars 1). InfoTrack: training for information literacy. (Youtube teaser here).
- Toronto Metropolitan University. Academic Integrity Office. Resources for all.