Discover resources for preventing plagiarism and teaching academic integrity to your students.
Teaching academic integrity to prevent plagiarism
- Steere, E. (2022, November 2). Text Spinners and the Problem of Paraphrase Plagiarism. Inside Higher Ed. https://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2022/11/02/plagiarism-and-use-text-spinners-class-assignments-opinion.
- Razi, S. (2022, October 14). How to organise an event to train ambassadors of academic integrity. Times Higher Education (THE). https://www.timeshighereducation.com/campus/how-organise-event-train-ambassadors-academic-integrity?fbclid=IwAR1hFoAsSEpbY7ABB7igZSgtMBSWX78EBl_eioipn_ugtNMlvy7DDOAbjEk
- Bailey, J. (2022, October 13). 5 Things Teachers Need to Know When Talking to Students About Plagiarism. Plagiarism Today (PT). https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2022/10/13/5-things-teachers-need-to-know-when-talking-to-students-about-plagiarism/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5_things_teachers_need_to_know_when_talking_to_students_about_plagiarism_plagiarism_today&utm_term=2022-10-17
- Council of Europe OP Services. (2022, Juillet). Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity. (Video) https://vimeo.com/731719086
- Council of Europe OP Services. (2022, Juillet). Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity. https://www.coe.int/en/web/education/best-practice-programme-in-promoting-academic-integrity
- Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning. (2022). Student Academic Integrity: A Handbook for Academic Staff and Teaching Assistant. University of Calgary. https://taylorinstitute.ucalgary.ca/resources/student-academic-integrity-handbook?fbclid=IwAR3y9sTYVW8y_oWRAACvn6Ka_UKkjd6imRzxBiBlgTNRoFsiLYIXdhuB6m4. Calgary University’s website where you can download the guide.
- Scoffield, S. (2022, March 16). An Innovative Way to Deal With Plagiarism. George Lucas Educational Foundation – edutopia. https://www.edutopia.org/article/innovative-way-deal-plagiarism.
- Carleton University. (2022). Academic Integrity Resources for Instructors. https://carleton.ca/tls/teachingresources/?p=270.
- Association of College & Research Librairies (ACRL). (1996-2016). ACRL Framework for Information Literacy Sandbox Directory. https://sandbox.acrl.org/resources.
Planning you course
- Parnther, C. (2022, July 26). Syllabus Strategies That Support Academic Integrity. As seen on International Center for Academic Intregity (ICAI): https://academicintegrity.org/resources/blog/69-2021/july-2021/379-syllabus-strategies-that-support-academic-integrity.
- Colella, J. (2022, April 11). Course Content and Course Assignments: Considerations to Help with Student Plagiarism. Faculty Focus. https://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/course-design-ideas/course-content-and-course-assignments-considerations-to-help-with-student-plagiarism/.
Articles, blog, news and more
- Alonso, J. (2022, November 10) Simple Interventions Can Curb Cheating, Study Finds. Inside Higher Ed. https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2022/11/10/low-effort-interventions-can-combat-student-cheating?fbclid=IwAR1GD00AXpMiROrCbmPQOYAwRpNTdcAiAFUvFFc432WzIxRhHpaV-2VVsHQ#.Y2z5bIKhb3k.facebook
- Bailey, J. (2022, April 04). Plagiarism as a Social Norm – PT PlagiarismToday. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2022/04/04/plagiarism-as-a-social-norm/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=plagiarism_today_plagiarism_as_a_social_norm&utm_term=2022-04-04.
- Eaton, S. E. (2022, February 22). Check You Bias At The Door. UA/AU University Affairs Affaire Universitaire. https://www.universityaffairs.ca/features/feature-article/check-your-bias-at-the-door/.
- Roig, M. (n.d.) (2016, September 01). Avoiding Plagiarism, Self-Plagiarism, and Other Questionable Writing Practices: A Guide to Ethical Writing. Retrieved PDF Document from https://ori.hhs.gov.
- Bertram Gallant, T. (2022, May 22). Blog post on the International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI) website about the book Cheating Academic Integrity – Bertram Gallant, T. & Rettinger, D.A. (2022) Cheating Academic Integrity: Lessons Learned from 30 Years of Research (1st Edition). Jossey-Bass.
- Parnter, C. (2021) Lessons from TikTok on Academic Integrity. Article posted on the International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI) website: https://academicintegrity.org/blog/73-2021/november-2021/321-lessons-from-tiktok-on-academic-integrity.
→ Section under construction – Resources will be added. ←
Plagiarism prevention and academic integrity in videos
- Université de Genève. (2018, mars 1). InfoTrack: training for information literacy. https://infotrack.unige.ch/en. (Youtube teaser here).
- Toronto Metropolitan University. Academic Integrity Office. https://www.torontomu.ca/academicintegrity/students/tutorial-episodes/. Episodes, online quiz, resources and more.
- Youtube video of an episode of Saturday Night Live Plagiarism – SNL – Michaels, L. (Executive producer). (1975-To present). Saturday Night Live [Television series]. New York: Broadway Video in association with SNL Studios.